Saturday, November 25, 2017

This is a photo of a recent pen and ink design I have been working on. It has been adapted from the original drawing a little to include the bird motiff I have more recently been working with. The image is based on some designs I did around about four years ago for a business I helped establish and then worked for, at our local farmers market in the previous city that I lived in. My plan at this stage is to photocopy this design and then print it on to the card I intend to present my jewellery items on. I purchased some neutral grey card as presentation cards the other day, and thought that they were quite plain and needed just a simple black and white line drawing printed on to them so they were more visually interesting.
I have yet to design my actual official 'spotted rabbit art studio' art studio logo, so this idea is just for the interim until I find the time to do that.
Yesterday while pottering around in the studio I was really delighted to discover that a wonderful image transfer medium I brought from a supplier recently, also easily transfers images onto sculpey clay as can be seen in this photo.
I hadn't been sure, as it only said on the bottle that it transferred images onto canvas, card, paper, metal and ceramics. Wanting to see if it might work I thought I would trial it onto Sculpey as well and hey presto!
I was really wishing for it to work with the Sculpey clay as I have a further creative idea in mind for my animal and bird designs.
I was flicking through some of my old art work books the other day and had a great idea to utilise some painting imagery from a number of my old paintings and transpose it onto the sculpey surface. I think these will look really good and I like the crispness of the images and the flat even surfaces.
I painted three coats of semi gloss varnish onto this bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment