Sunday, July 15, 2018

July update from the studio...

As some of you already know, consistency in my creativity and art over the last months has not been a particularly strong point for me as I have largely been coming to terms with the ups and downs of my move north to where I now reside, now over a year and a half ago.
As many of you are also aware, it has been a supremely emotionally challenging time for me as I have struggled to realize the many nuances of the creative (and spiritual) vision and dream that was seeded within my heart in the years prior to the move.
Yet, it is always interesting to see the flow that life takes; most often unknown to us and alternatively generally more often vulnerably precipitous as a person journeys along in life!
In this vein, rather unexpectedly to me now around three months ago, a proposition was put forward to me by the health clinicians that I have been seeing over the last 18 months since my move back to the north and away from where I previously lived. This proposal has been to receive funding from the health service here to spend some time at an intensive specialised health treatment centre that is located relatively close by to where I currently reside.
The treatment centre specialises in a particular therapy that I, in a smaller way began to work with several years ago, and have been expanding upon further within the health service here, and is a therapeutic model that I have been finding very helpful in learning how to manage the multilayered and complex dynamics of my particular health condition.
It is the only centre within the country in which I live that offers this kind of treatment within a  residential setting and it has only really been made possible through my move further north and the kind generosity of the health service here.
After what seemed like an extremely thorough and judicious referral process, I discovered on Friday that I have been accepted for treatment at this programme along with a starting date of August the 5th.
Naturally there are many dialectical emotions heightened for me around leaving my home here, along with all the furry family - my two rabbits and two cats who will be cared for by a person well known to them - and of course my studio. But my deeper hope is that with a more intensive form of this treatment, I may upon returning home, feel more able and consistent in my ability to realise my creative dream and move ever more forward into realizing the creative plans that I held before the significant emotional upheaval of this move for me.
I have been told that creativity is highly fostered as a part of the programme, so this will of course still be a part of my reality, and I will be able to continue - albeit sporadically as I have been - to post on my blog any artful endevour I wish for readers to see here.

So for just now dear readers... as and when I am able, I will periodically be adding posts here at the studio blog, but for  the time being - other than still needing to add a photo of the mural work I have been doing as previously mentioned in a past post - I will be a little silent for a time as I come to grips with the intensive nature of the treatment programme and find my feet there.
















No comments:

Post a Comment