Saturday, April 7, 2018

I have been really aware that I have not been a very good blogger these past few weeks and to say the least rather absent!

Reflecting on this a little, I realised I had  been feeling a bit uneasy about how far reaching my blog had become on the internet, and being an extremely private person I was finding myself a bit reluctant to write and add things here. Being somewhat techno illiterate I didn't really know quite how to limit viewers to a smaller audience..but hooray!.. today while re looking at my blog settings button I think I have worked out how to do this... Fingers and toes crossed!!  :)

Due to ongoing issues around creative motivation and inspiration over the past few weeks since the mad flurry preparing the two paintings shown in the previous post for the gallery group exhibition in February, I have not been a frequent visitor to the studio other than for the the odd potter.

However all is not lost and my creative endeavors haven't completely gone underground I am happy to report, as I have actually been working on a small addition to a large communal mural that is in progress at the community art workshop I semi regularly attend.
I've based the design on three pencil drawings that I did while at the studio a few weeks ago.
A rather eclectic collection of images: birds perched on a bowl, eels and snapdragon flowers.
Once my attempts at mural painting have progressed a little further, I will take a photo of it and put it here on my studio blog.
A few weeks ago while pottering down in the studio I also returned to do some more of my sculpy rabbit, sheep and bird jewellery designs. Like the mural image I have yet to take a photo, but as soon as I do that I will add here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment