Tuesday, February 20, 2018

It's been a time of many contrasts in so many ways recently as I have written about in previous blog postings...
While contemplating my interesting life journey of the past few weeks I came upon an interesting Latin phrase a couple of weeks ago while looking at a friends facebook page... This being the concept of 'Coincidentia Oppositorum ' or the 'coincidence of opposites'...the theory that we are ' perfecting through the unity of opposites,' or as I instead like to phrase; '' a coming to wholeness through the unity of opposites''.
Since learning of this phrase, I am noticing a thread of resonance with this concept, as so many of the fibers that make up my life and experience really seem strongly embedded within these themes and I have been sitting a little with how I might draw the essence of this - particularly the therapeutic themes around this for me personally - more in to my creative work. 

This is especially also within the context of the very recent completion of a huge body of personal work culminating - after seven long years - in district health board policy changes and betterment of experience for others within the health system. 

I have particularly been very much reflecting on this especially after a recent word of encouragement  from a a person who has been an amazing support through the seven years leading up to this point,  and her encouragement of my producing some artwork expressing this journey I have been on.
This afternoon I have been sitting a little with how I might look at and reflect on this body of work; especially woven in to the construct of the Latin concept of 'Coincidentia Oppositorum'.

No comments:

Post a Comment